Small to medium size Original Design Manufacturer in the Northwest Chicago suburbs. This privately held 80 year old company has roots in the design and manufacture of cigarette lighter plug accessories but has evolved into custom designing and manufacturing of low voltage DC power supplies and cable assemblies manufactured both domestically and abroad.
The Account Manager will not only be responsible for managing existing customer relationship with the express purpose of continuing to add greater value to the relationship and growing our buiness. In addition, the person in this position will be responsible for new business development by identifying new customers within a broad range of industries. This position will report directly to the owner and will interact closely with engineering and manufacturing in meeting the customer's needs.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Small company affords the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the business. You will not be trapped being a small cog in a big wheel.
• Growing company provides growth opportunities.
• As a custom design manufacturer, you will be exposed to a broad range of technology, industries and markets.
• Exposure to and involvement in international manufacturing and QA
• Manage and grow existing Safco customer relationships
• Identify and nurture new customer
• Manage customer portfolio to a revenue and profit plan
• Utilize existing CRM tools
• Assist in the continued electronic marketing of Safco
• Attend trade shows as appropriate
• 25-40% depending on customer needs and opportunities
Your success will be measured based on:
• Ability to work well with all groups within the company – Manufacturing, Engineering, Accounting, Quality Assurance
• Ability to see the big picture and develop solutions that meet the customer’s needs at a cost that allows the company to make a reasonable return.
• Strong “do what is needed” work ethic
• 2-4 years business development and relationship management experience
• Preferable experience selling technical product in a consultative sales process
• Self starter, highly motivated and tenacious
• College degree
• Bachelors Degree
• Salary + Incentive bonus plan
Competitive compensation package including:
• Short-Term Disability / Long-Term Disability
• 401(k) with 30% match on first 6% of salary
• Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time), etc.